A Quadratic Equation Solver & What I have been doing.


Indeed. It has been a long time.

Right here I got a code for solving a quadratic equation. I'll get to that in a moment after I talk about why I have not been posting much to here.

So when I starting posting in late 2017 and early 2018, there wasn't much I had to show. All I had were some previous works done for a class along with a very simple idle game. The main reason I stopped posting was there were nothing interesting to tell about.

I was also not in a position to do much more, I had to do some intense studying for the rest of the school year. It also wasn't until the second semester of last year that my computer science class got into coding, and even then it was super simple stuff. My computer was in a rather problematic state. There was not enough memory for engines and was getting slow.

Things have changed since then. I have gotten a new laptop that can do way more than what my old computer can. Thus, I can now use engines like Unity or Unreal without much hassle. With my transmission into a university, I am now doing various coding projects each week, and these are not the super simple ones of last year. Over the course of the summer, there was a virtual novel game project I took part in. While it never got to an official release, I did learn to use the renpy engine, though I may not have much use of it.

With all the changes, I can probably give something to look at frequently. Some of these may simply be projects done in class, or something I intend on joining some projects such as game jams or game competitions. For now, all I got is quadratic equation solver.

Now back to the program, this is the first thing my computer science professor told us to make. Like a good, or what I think is good, professor, he did not tell us how to code it or even how to use python. Instead, he just told us to logically plot out the steps to making such a program, and asked questions like "What if there are no solutions?" whenever we explained what to do. As it seems most of us computer science students were at calculus level, the math and steps weren't a problem.

This isn't the actual code as it was when I showed it to the professor. As it's been a while, I did add the displaying of the equation and the ability for it to stop if the equation isn't quadratic. So far, it should work with whatever combination of numbers you put in (unless, of course, you didn't put in numbers). Were better ways of doing this? After a look on Github, yes, but this is the best I could do with what I know.

So there it is. Expect some future code soon, and by soon I actually mean it this time. The next post may be about a game engine or more code.

Farewell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Version 2:The Not-So Barebones Clicker

A Prime Factorization Algorithm that Uses a Text File

Aesthetico Ultimate Designer - A Python Turtle Program