Game Development - A barebones idle game


I like to show progress on what I'm making. As said in the prior post, I might possibly make a idle game. As seen in the image above, I was writing down the function of things and actions in idle games like Cookie Clicker and AdVenture Capitalist. I am sorry if it is hard to read, I am not good a writing, though I find it to better write down thoughts rather than to type them out.



During Thanksgiving Day I encoded a simple idle game: the barebones clicker. The first one I made has nothing but a button, a number of currency one has. I used HTML5 and JavaScript for this.

This unfortunately took longer than I thought. I had to figure out how to update text on a page with JavaScript. I figured it out through looking at some incremental tutorials by David Holley, the person who made CivClicker. 

Currently, I am working to advance what I made. I added currency generators to the game, though they have issues. As I am sticking to the minimum, there will likely be no styling beyond headers and regular text. By next week, or in a while less, I will probably post an update on the status of the advancements I made. Perhaps I can make this a little more engaging, as most other idle games do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Version 2:The Not-So Barebones Clicker

A Prime Factorization Algorithm that Uses a Text File

Aesthetico Ultimate Designer - A Python Turtle Program